Concrete Code AS 3600 - 2018: Review on Changes
The latest version of the Concrete Structures code, AS 3600, was published in 2018. It contains new sections as well as substantial reviews of existing sections.
The Concrete Institute of Australia is hosting a seminar which will include a comprehensive review of the wide-ranging changes in the new code, and opportunities to discuss how these changes will be applied in practice. The seminar is recommended to all involved in the design of concrete structures or supply of concrete products.
New sections include:
- Design for Earthquake Actions.
- Steel Fibre Reinforced Concrete.
- Design for Fatigue.
Sections with substantial new content include:
- Material properties
- Strength reduction factors.
- Design for shear and torsion.
- Fire design
- Design for shrinkage, creep and deflections
- Crack control & new provision for assessing crack widths
Tuesday, 19th February 2019
5pm – 8pm
11 Harbourview Crescent , Lavender Bay NSW 2060
Professor Stephen Foster
Professor Gianluca Ranzi
University of Sydney