10th EUROSLAG Conference
Slag Based Products - Best Practices for Circular Economy
8 - 11 October 2019
The 10th EUROSLAG Conference is taking place in Thessaloniki, Greece, from 9th – 11th October 2019. Be sure to mark your calendars now!
The conference is jointly organised by the Laboratory of Building Materials of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, EUROSLAG and AEIFOROS.
The purpose of the Euroslag Conference is to share updated knowledge, ideas and research related to technical applications, environmental and legal aspects for all kinds of iron and steel slag. The Conference aims to bring together all persons involved in processing, using and marketing slag from private companies, public authorities, research institutes, universities, technical schools or environment safety organisations.
Topics of interest include:
- Legal framework - developments in legislation, rules and standards in Europe and other regions of the World
- Utilisation and best practices - sourcing and logistics, best practices for timely and effective recycling and resource efficiency
- Research and innovation - characteristics of slag and slag-based products, updated studies, research and demonstration projects, and new techniques
The comittee is now accepting papers on the above topics.
1st Deadline: February 28th 2019 (Abstract Submission)
Maximum 1 page, the summary should include title, authors and main topics of the paper. (see also instructions for authors via conference website)
2nd Deadline: May 31st 2019 (To submit the full paper)
HOW TO PREPARE THE FULL PAPER?
This paper should:
- include a title, full names and affiliations of all authors and contact information (address, phone, e-mail, website) of the corresponding author
- be 2-10 pages in length and written in English
- include an abstract at the beginning
- Graphics and pictures are welcome!
(see also instructions for authors via conference website)
Please submit your contributions by e-mail to: email@example.com
Please subscribe to the conference under the following link: www.euroslag2019.com
Papers can be selected for oral or for poster presentation.
Accepted contributions will be published in the proceedings, after peer review by the Scientific Committee.
Presenting authors from selected papers will receive free inscription (not including travel and living expenses, nor gala dinner).
Oct. 8th 2019: Registration and Welcome Reception
Afternoon registration and welcome reception with a special event.
Oct. 9th and 10th 2019: The Conference
Presentations, updates and discussions on all subjects related to the production, treatment and marketing of ferrous slag, divided into 3 sessions.
Oct. 9th 2019: Gala Dinner
The gala dinner will be the place to network in a friendly atmosphere.
Oct. 11th 2019: Technical visits (in two groups)
- Group 1: Visit to a road pavement constructed with slag, or
- Group 2: Visit to ready-mixed concrete industry to attend production and testing of concrete with steel slag aggregates.
Early booking, by 31st May 2019, will be invoiced at the special rate of 400 €. After this date, the conference fee will be 450 €, covering conference venue, lunches, coffee breaks and documentation.
For invited speakers, presenting authors and chairpersons, free registration will be provided (not including travel and living expenses, nor gala dinner).
About the Conference Organisers
Thessaloniki's main university, Aristotle University (AUTH), is the largest in Greece and in the Balkans. The Laboratory of Building Materials (AUTH) is devoted to research on the utilisation of industrial by-products and has organised international conferences on relevant topics (ACI, EUROCOALASH, Concrete Solutions, and RILEM).
AEIFOROS S.A. belongs to SIDENOR Group and offers a large range of services in the field of by-product management and valorisation since 2001, contributing significantly to environmental protection. The company produces high-quality recycled products such as slag aggregates for road constructions, ferrous and non-ferrous metals as well as alternative raw materials for the industry.