Executive, Technical and Education meeting calendar for 2020.
The Executive Committee [Board of Directors] consisting of elected members from the General Meeting are responsible for all matters relating to the monitoring and review of the Association between General Meetings. Responsibilities include:
- Meets four (4) times each year to conduct its regular business
- Only full members elected to this Committee can attend these meetings
- To govern the organisation, rather than manage
- To determine an annual plan which sets out policies and activities to be executed
- Making decisions proposed by management, which are consistent with the objects as determined by the General Meeting
National Technical and Education Committee meetings are convened at regular intervals, responsibilities include:
- To meet four (4) times annually
- To represent the Association on relevant standards committees
- To discuss, debate and consider information on matters important to members and develop agreed positions
- To ensure that information on industry developments are exchanged
- To focus on technical and research program issues with guest speakers invited on occasion
- To provide forums where information interchange between stakeholders will benefit the understanding of this valuable renewable resource.
- To facilitate technology transfer on the use, benefits and unique properties of slag products to the key groups.
- To increase various user groups' awareness of the environmental benefits arising from greater utilisation.
- To re-educate user groups with negative attitudes/perceptions of slag materials.
The Association Secretariat support is provided through a contracted specialist professional association management company (HBM Group). The Secretariat is responsible for managing, day-to-day operations, support staff and research and development programs and associated external relationships.