The construction industry has been under pressure to shift towards sustainability by manufacturing Portland cement in energy-saving ways and developing alternative low-carbon cement and concrete technology. However, industrial applications are still scarce due to the gap existing between the fundamental research and industrial use as well as the lack of standards and a skilled workforce in this area.
To address these challenges, the first international conference on Innovation in Low-Carbon Cement and Concrete technology (ILCCC) will be held on the 24 - 26th June 2019 in London. The conference aims at exchanging the latest global scientific and technical achievements on low-carbon cement and concrete technology in order to promote their wide industrial applications.
The main themes of the conference include;
- Manufacturing Portland cement in low-carbon and energy saving way
- Low-carbon cement and concrete technology based on non-Portland cement systems (e.g., alkali-activated cement and concrete, calcium sulfoaluminate, and MgO-based systems, etc.)
- Chemical admixtures for low-carbon cement and concrete
- Durability of low-carbon concrete
- Standards and specifications for low-carbon cement and concrete
Authors are invited to submit abstracts related to these themes. The abstract submission deadline has been extended until January 1, 2019. To see guidelines and submit your abstract, visit the ILCCC website.
Register by March 31 2019 for early-bird rates.