CIA Abstract Submissions are now OPEN!
The 2021 Concrete Institute of Australia's Biennial National Conference will held at the Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre in Western Australia from 5-8 September 2021.
The Technical Committee for Concrete 2021 is now welcoming abstract submissions.
If you are involved in concrete research, technology, innovation, design, construction and materials, we urge you to submit an abstract for presentation consideration.
View the abstract submission instructions here.
The theme for Concrete 2021 is "Smart & Innovative Concrete from Disruption" and topics to consider for abstracts are:
· Alkali-activated and Geopolymer Concretes
· Asset Management – inspection, monitoring, remaining and extending life
· Bridges and Underpasses – design, inspections, maintenance, failure
· Buildings – design, inspections, maintenance, defects, compliance, certification
· Case Studies and Major Projects
· Concrete Materials – cement, SCM’s, admixtures, aggregates
· Concrete Design – shear and torsion, axial, bending, models, non-linear analysis
· Concrete Properties – shrinkage, creep, strength, heat of hydration
· Design for Extreme Events – seismic, fire, blast, cyclone, climate change
· Digital Innovations in Concrete – AI, 3D printing, BIM, design process, site investigations, monitoring, equipment, data management, automation, optimisation
· Durability – modelling, cracking, design, monitoring in construction and operation, extended life
· High Performance Concrete – UHPC, cementitious composites, SCC and viscosity modified
· Inspection and Testing – visual scanning, thermography, drones, temperature and maturity monitoring
· Precast, Prefabricated and Modular Concrete
· Reinforcement, Stressing Tendons, Fibres, Other Reinforcing
· Repair and Retrofit – materials, methods, historic structures, strengthening
· Standards, Specifications, Recommended Practices, Model Codes
· Sustainability – repurpose, reuse and recycle
· Tunnels, Underground and Foundation Structures – design, construction, site investigations, monitoring
· Water and Marine Infrastructure – design, construction, maintenance
Key Dates - Abstracts and Papers
Abstracts opening: Now Open
Abstracts close: 1 December 2020
Full papers close: 15 April 2021
Author Notification: 30 May 2021
Conference dates: 5 – 8 September 2021